Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 7 / blog party!

Day 7: Five things you couldn't possibly live without.
Uh oh. This is always a super hard list to make. I'm never sure whether to make them profound...or superficial...or material things...or spiritual things...or what. So I shall just try to not overthink it and just write what comes to mind.

1. God. That's kind of a given, because quite literally we can't live without Him!




2. Music. There's just NO WAY on earth I could survive without it!




3. Dancing, singing, writing, and performing. There isn't any way I could stop...if I did, a huge part of me would be gone. (Was that cheating, listing four things under one number? Oh well...)




4. My family.


5. Earrings. I love earrings, and it feels freakishly weird if I'm not wearing any.






* * *




So, there is this completely awesome blog called horsefeathers, and Olivia is throwing a giveaway/blog party in honor of having 500 followers! Here is my participation in the party...


Favorite season, and why? That would be a toss-up between spring and fall, with fall a little bit in the lead. Much as I love spring...the world feels new, like spring has never happened before...it just doens't last too long where I live. Fall, on the other hand, is long and breathtaking and blood-quickening and beautiful.



How would you describe your personal style? Hmmm...my personal style has been evolving a lot lately, and currently it's a little bit vintage, a little bit sporty, a lot comfortable, and very me, since I primarily shop at thrift stores.



What's one weird thing you can do? (The stranger the better!) I can do a pretty sweet imitation of Gollum's "gollum" noise. I can also pop my shoulder blades out, and I'm really flexible, which seems normal to me since I dance, but it sometimes freaks people out!



Rain or shine? I gotta say shine. The rain is beautiful, but there is not much in this world that can make me happier than sunlight.



Favorite music? I listen to everything from Faure to the Black-Eyed Peas, including, but not limited to, Simon and Garfunkel, Adele, Coldplay, Journey, Vanessa Carlton, Rene Aubry, The Fray, Feist, Blue October, Keane, Linkin Park, Nelly Furtado, and basically anything musical theater.



Classical music: love it or hate it? LOVE! I've always enjoyed it, but only lately have I become more open about it and started listening to it more again, especially while I'm doing schoolwork. Some of my favorite composers are Debussy, Faure, Tchaikovsky, Prokofiev, and Chopin, and I also absolutely love all sorts of choral music.



Phobias? I used to have a zillion phobias, but they've been fading away. Now I'm mainly just afraid of needles...still. heheh. But you know what's worse than needles? IVs. Oh my goodness. *shudders* That's why I'm not having complete anesthetic when I get my teeth pulled...but I'll need to get shots nonetheless, of course. Time for my macho man act! *flexes muscles* Regular needles make me kinda nervous too, ever since my friend told me the story of a needle, laying on a bed...and her climbing into bed, completely unsuspecting...and the needle burrowing under her skin. Ugh. You're welcome...now you're probably scared of them too!



Hop on a plane and go live somewhere for a year...where is it, and why? Somewhere in England because I am an Anglophile (plus, I already speak the language!).



Are you an extrovert or an introvert? I'm definitely an extrovert. I used to think I was introverted, but...I'm not.



Would you/do you perform on stage? Heck yes! Whenever I possibly can...I can't live without it.

1 comment:

Imogen said...

I've jus been going round the links for the blog party. It's so interesting to see how everyone answers the questions. It's so nice to see that you like Classical music. I do too! I also like Spring and Autumn (or Fall.)

By the way, I like the quote from Hamlet in your sidebar. I'm a bit of a Shakespeare nut

Imogen
www.dancingdragonflysisters.blogspot.com