Saturday, January 16, 2010

Songs...

I just added a few new songs to my playlist, and I thought I'd give explanations for some of them that have some sort of meaning to me. It might be interesting!

"Defender" by the Cruxshadows - Doctor Bowman of the FT Forum posted this song quite a while ago on the forum, saying that it was amazing how it fits the second half of "Waking Rose". It sounds like it could have been written for it! If you've read "Waking Rose", listen carefully to the lyrics...I guarantee you will be very impressed at how closely it fits. Even the whole sound of the song is perfect. Lyrics.

"Sophia" by the Cruxshadows - After listening to "Defender" on YouTube, I listened to a few other songs by them and found this one. I love it! Lyrics.

This is part of the refrain:
Do not injustice to another
Defend the weak & innocent
May truth & honor always guide you
Let courage find a life within
Stand up when no one else is willing
Act not in hatred or in spite
Be to this world as a perfect knight
Even if it means your life...

Isn't that a great plan for life? Listen carefully to the lyrics of this one too. Lyrics.

"Jump" by Madonna - Don't be scared away by who this song is by! :) It's really very good. My sister Evangeline and I heard it for the first time at the summer intensive (it was the song that the jazz class performed to for the recital), and we have adopted it as our song! We love the fact that it even says "my sisters and me". The lyrics are just perfect for someone who is starting out on the great adventure of their life. Lyrics.

"More Than It Seems" by Kutless - I guess you'd have to be a member of the FT Forum and following the Cair Paravel thread to really understand this one. Lady Eliza told me about it because it fits the character I made up, Tristan Armitage (my character Blanche Rose Pevensie's boyfriend) so wonderfully! It could have been written about him. A quick overview of Tristan: He knew nothing of his parents until he was 18 and found out that he was actually the son of the King and Queen of Archenland, who had died in a mysterious fire at their summer home shortly before the disappearance of Tristan, then an infant. It turns out that Tristan had been kidnapped by the White Witch, who gave him to the Magician of the Mountain for safekeeping while she set about enslaving Archenland. Tristan would have been killed eventually, but with the aid of time traveling he escaped at the age of 12 and wandered the world until he met Blanche and her family. Shortly after this, he found out, through dreams and with the help of an Archenland gryphon, his true identity and set out to save his country. Lyrics.

No comments: