Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here we go again!

Some other girls from the FTN Forum and I have started a blog, A Walk to Rivendell! It's a challenge that's part story-writing, part motivation to exercise. In real life, we record how many miles we walk, swim, dance, or any other physical activity, trying to meet a weekly goal of 10 miles. On the blog, we write a story of our adventures on our way to Rivendell. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and if you want to read about our adventures, check out the blog and follow us!

We'll be starting Allegro (our youth ballet theater) again on Saturday. We have class and rehearsal 10 am to 2 pm on Saturdays and 12 pm to 4 pm on Sundays in preparation for Peter and the Wolf and The Ugly Duckling in early March. It's a lot of time (sometimes I wish I could have my weekends back, but, after all, the extensive rehearsals are only until the end of February), but it's also very fun!

In Peter and the Wolf, I'm one of the Hunters, and in The Ugly Duckling, I'm the Turkey, the Cat, and a Swan. I'm pretty excited about having the part of the Cat, because it's a solo role...my first ever! And it has a lot of Italian changements in it, which my teacher says I do really well, and I like doing them! So I'm happy about that. I'm also excited about the last scene of UD (Ugly Duckling)...it's based on Swan Lake, and we'll all be wearing classical tutus and the traditional Swan Lake head piece (that's a picture of it to the right). We were working on the choreography over the summer and it's really beautiful!

I'm also going to audition for our community theater's production of "Fiddler on the Roof"! If I do get in, hopefully I won't die of exhaustion in the upcoming months. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tagged you!