Monday, March 7, 2011

Title-less.

I was doing schoolwork up in my room this morning and getting distracted by looking around at the walls. I realized that I really, really like my room, so I decided to try taking some pictures of it and slightly editing them with the aid of Picnik, even though I'm certainly far from being a brilliant photographer (actually, truth be told, pretty far from even being a decent one).

So here's what I came up with.



My desk.




The ceiling.


George the Cyclops Catepillar, Martha the Normal Catepillar (their namesakes are the snakes belonging to Hermes in The Sea of Monsters :D), Figbash the Owl, and Noel the Penguin.


A collagey paper from Michael's, my lovely calendar...I LOVE Japanese artwork...and a beautiful card that my sister made for my birthday a few years ago.


Note the beautiful dancers cutouts hanging from the ceiling, also made by my awesome sister. :D

Just a few of my favorite guys. haha



My dresser.




My picture of Julie Kent, a principal dancer with American Ballet Theater, that she autographed for me when I met her a few years ago, and one of the roses my voice teacher gave me after POTO.


***

So now I'm thinking about applying for another job in addition to the one I already have. I really hate applying for jobs, mostly because figuring out schedules is always such a huge hassle. *headdesk* However, I kinda need the money, so we shall see.


And I never know what to say when they ask how much I want to be paid. O.o

3 comments:

C.A. Donnelly said...

For what to ask as pay, I suggest always asking just above the minimum wage. Here in NH that's $7.25. Entry level jobs like we work don't get paid much, and if you don't ask for much, they won't think you're pushy.

Or, that's how I see it.

And, I love the walls in your room. I want walls like that so badly. I could make a secret pop out panel with spring loaded knives ready to shoot at anyone that walked in. :D

Elven Maiden said...

I love your room Ivy! :) Awesome!

I tagged your for an award here!

http://faeries-and-beads.blogspot.com/2011/02/awards.html

Unknown said...

Ivy!!! Your room is awesome! I love it!! =D