Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The performances are quickly approaching!

The Barnyard Fowl (l-r: Pheasant, Hen, Chicken (Evangeline), the Ugly Duckling, Goose, Turkey (me)

Our performances of Peter and the Wolf and the Ugly Duckling are coming up this weekend and next weekend! I'm quite excited (this is the fun part!), but it's also sort of sad, because I know I'll never dance these particular dances again. It has been a lot of fun!

Align CenterThis Saturday, we'll be performing in a small town about 60 miles from here. Like I said, it's a very small town, but they seem to be quite devoted to the arts, which is very cool to see! They have a nice theater and what seems to be a thriving performing arts program. Despite the fact that they never break even, they have our company come every year. And this year, the professional dancer (who is AMAZING!) who is dancing the Wolf is able to perform with us there, and the narrator is also able to come. So that is great! I'm looking forward to it.

The weekend after that, we have dress rehearsal on Thursday night, a performance Friday morning (which 22 people I know are coming to! :O But unfortunately the professional dancer isn't dancing at that performance.), then master classes Saturday morning, followed by a performance at 4 pm. And then it's over. *tear*

Align LeftMe as the Cat

This year has been particularly exciting, because I was given what I suppose you could call a soloist role! I'm the Cat, and I dance in one scene with only the Hen and the Ugly Duckling. So that is been pretty awesome. I'm also the Turkey in the Barnyard scene, and a swan in the finale (the finale is my favorite part!). Hopefully, I'll be able to get the group picture of the swans soon...I think it'll be really pretty! And perhaps I'll put up a picture of the Hunters from Peter and the Wolf when I get it...if I dare put up a picture of myself with a painted-on mustache! heehee

2 comments:

Jessica Greyson said...

Oh, how beautiful! It sounds like you have some wonderful parts. Ballet is such a beautiful thing to watch, have fun in your performances!

Ivy said...

Thank you so much! :D I'm sure I will!