Monday, February 15, 2010

A Damsel's Daybook, Week 1

I've decided to begin doing "A Damsel's Daybook" every Monday, from Storygirl's lovely blog.


Outside my window....... It's cold and the sky is white, matching the ground. It snowed earlier...which probably means I'll have to shovel tomorrow. *sigh*

I am thinking about......... The play the Company of the Immaculate (our church's girls' group) will be presenting in June when the superior general of the order of priests at our church is visiting! I've offered to write the script, and some of my friends, Evangeline, and I are heading it up, so I'm pretty excited (and nervous!). I'm also thinking about my sewing projects and re-organizing my closet!

From the kitchen.......... Evangeline is making steak and mushrooms, with cauliflower and broccoli on the side - YAY!

I am creating ......... I have plans for a skirt, a shirt, a dress, and, of course, the play!

I am reading.........
* The Princetta, by Anne-Laure Bonnoux
* Swallowdale, by Arthur Ransome
* The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Graham
*Anne of Ingleside, by L.M. Montgomery
*Harry Dee, by Fr. Francis J. Finn
*All Creatures Great and Small, by James Herriot

I am hearing....... People clinking dishes in the kitchen.

I am hoping......... That I will be able to come up with ideas and write a good play!

I am planning.......... To finish cleaning my room, to get some sewing done, to work on the play.

I am wearing............ A tiered flowered red/pink/black skirt, a black tank top, a red sweatshirt from University of Missouri - St. Louis, black knee socks, and slippers.

Around the house.......... We're planning to paint the living room! My mum is looking at pictures of houses to get ideas, and we're also planning to strip the floor, which is painted ugly green!

My wish of the week ......... That Lent will get off to a good and blessed start!

No comments: