Saturday, September 5, 2009

So many books...so little time!

I've been on the computer way too much lately, I've decided! And you know, what I really should be doing is reading. I have so many books started...it's a very bad habit of mine.

So, as of today, here are the books I'm reading:

  • The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. This would be the second time I've read it. I really want to read the appendixes this time, too!
  • The Bridal Wreath by Sigrid Undset. My mum loves those books (she recommends them to everyone!), so I want to read them. There are two others in the series - The Mistress of Husaby and The Cross.
  • The Quiet Light by Louis de Wohl. An excellent novel about St Thomas Aquinas! It's so well-written...there is such a difference between the sections about him and the ones about his family. You can feel the peace emanating from Thomas and the monastery, and the excitement of the life of his noble family.
  • Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray. I just started reading it and I really haven't heard much about it outside of references in old books. It's quite funny!
  • Anne of the Island by L.M.Montgomery. I have no idea how many times I've read the "Anne" books, and now I just read them in any order and they still make sense! I felt like reading about her college life...
  • The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis. I'm the process of re-reading the Narnia books and I'm almost done! I love those books so much... Mum read them out loud to my sister and me when I was 8 years old, and they are now closely entwined with my imagination and memories of my childhood.

So those are the books I'm reading right now...wow! I really want to read Black as Night and Waking Rose by Regina Doman, and the last book in C.S. Lewis's Space trilogy (the name escapes me at the moment). I'm also thinking about re-reading Little Women.

Ha, and don't even get me started on the movies (both new ones and ones I want to re-watch) I want to see!

So I just wanted to give a bit of an update, and with that, I'm off!

1 comment:

Rose Marchen said...

Hello there Ivy! This is Lady Rose, just stopping by to say hi!