Saturday, April 3, 2010

Preparing for Easter

I wanted to share this video with all of you. It's an interview with Sister Marie of the Love of God, a sister with the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus, who is starting a new convent in St. Louis, MO, accompanied by a slide show of pictures of her and the convent. I've corresponded with her over the past five years, and my friend Essie (the one who joined that order) said to me after meeting Sister Marie, "You have to meet her someday! She's absolutely wonderful." So I was very excited to find this video on the blog Saint Louis Catholic, and be able to hear her speak! Isn't she beautiful, and can't you hear her love for God in every word she says? It's wonderful, and I can't wait to meet her, hopefully this summer!

If you'd like to read more about the sisters, their web page is here.

I've been doing quite a bit of baking today. Here's our menu for Easter:
Glazed Ham
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Asparagus
Rosemary Buns
Bread of Easter Brightness
Raspberry Bars
I made the raspberry bars already, the bread is rising, and I believe Evangeline just put the buns in the oven. I'm also planning to make the glaze today, so we can take it all to church tomorrow morning to be blessed! I'll also take some pictures of it all to post on here. :)

Tonight is the Easter Vigil...I can't wait! It's the most beautiful liturgy of the entire year, and I hope all of you get a chance to attend a Tridentine Easter Vigil some day!

Also, are any of you writers who would be interested in joining a blog dedicated to encouraging and critiquing your fellow writers? Some of the wonderful young ladies of the FTN Forum have started a blog, The Inklings' Resolve, for that purpose. Check it out!

1 comment:

Jessica Greyson said...

Mmmm this sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the video and the links I will have to check them out. FYI you have been tagged...sort of you can choose to do it if you like.

Have a beautiful day!
Jessica