Sunday, November 7, 2010

A painful post.

Perhaps some of you know this already, but I am incredibly klutzy. This comes as a surprise to some people who assume that since I dance I am naturally graceful at all times, but that, I am afraid, is not always the case! And it seems to be getting worse and worse as time goes on...

Case in point:

At swim class on Tuesday, I backstroked right into the wall and bashed my head against it, almost knocking myself out. At work on Friday, I ran into no less than three people while walking from one end of the resturant to the kitchen. And...drum roll please!...at dance on Saturday I was trying to do a jump I'd never attempted before. The first time I fell and caught myself painfully on my hand. I tried again and this time literally landed flat on my face, hitting my chin extremely hard.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm going to try that again!" I exclaimed, staggering to my feet a bit unsteadily.

"You're bleeding!" said my teacher.

"Really?" Sure enough, blood was dripping from my chin. "Wow...that's weird." She gave me an ice pack wrapped in a napkin and had me sit out for the rest of class. After class the other teacher looked at my chin and said that I should call my parents because it looked like it needed stitches.

Stitches? But all I'd done was fall on my face! Trust me to find a way to end up with stitches after that...

So my dad came and took me to the walk-in. The doctor told me I was going to need stitches or else end up with a possibility of infection and a gouged scar on my chin...that made me feel like a deflated balloon. Needles are my number one fear and stitches require a lot of them in all varieties! But I decided that it would be worth it to avoid the risk of infection, a bigger scar, and feeling like a wimp, and I went under the needle.

It wasn't sooo bad...I just concentrated on breathing very slowly and deeply (which also meant rather loudly, and I think was freaking out the doctor because he kept asking me if I was all right), and I only felt the first two shots. Dad said they gave me 5 or 6 - I'm so glad I didn't know that was how many I was getting beforehand! When I had lost all feeling in my chin he started sewing me up. It felt SO weird! I could feel the edges of my skin being pulled together...sorry, that's rather disgusting. He put in two little stitches and it seemed to take far too long, but at long last he was finished, and I sat up with many admonishments from the nurse to be careful because I'd be dizzy.

So yes, now I have a pretty wicked looking gash about an inch long with two black stitches on the underside of my chin. :P The stitches come out on Friday (yay! They itch terribly!), and I will have a scar - woohoo! I'm actually happy about that...I like scars. I had no idea you could actually get a gash from falling on a flat surface...ohhh, that's nasty when you think about it! Time to change the subject!

Let's see...I know! I'm getting all my oral surgery done in January - yay! Well, I'm actually totally dreading it, but it will be nice to get it over with, and it also means only a few months of braces after that! I'll be so very happy to have them gone. :D But before that happens I have to all four of my wisdom surgically removed, my one remaining baby tooth pulled, and the tooth that is coming in in the completely wrong place (namely, the roof of my mouth) dug out and have a bracket attached to it. *cringes* Not fun!!!

Wow, that wasn't much of a subject change, now was it? And I'm afraid the next thing I have to say is rather painful as well...

I'm taking the ACT on December 11! *tries not to nervously hyperventilate* I'm completely confident about the English and Reading sections (they actually look really easy), but the Science and Math sections...ohhhh dear. I haven't even learned a lot of it, so I'm planning to do a TON of studying between now and December! Tomorrow I will commence my intensive study schedule (which reminds me - I'd better write up my schedule tonight instead of tomorrow so I don't have it there undone in the morning, tempting me to procrastinate!). Please pray for me that I can stay on track and retain all this knowledge! Thanks SO much! :)

*re-reads post* Wow, this is rather dismal sounding! I hope I don't sound like I'm begging for sympathy...I'm not...these are just the most exciting things that have happened to me lately. lol

One last thing...could I please ask for your prayers for a very special intention? Thank you so much! You're all in my prayers!

5 comments:

Maggie D said...

Ouch... that sounds painful... :( . A tooth in the roof of your mouth?! Ick.
I'm one of those fortunate souls who will never ever have wisdom teeth. NEVER!! I am so glad about it...
However, I am also missing four regular permanent teeth. They simply don't exist. Weird, huh?

Autumn said...

Dear Lady Blanche Rose,
A fellow klutz! I am thrilled! :)
but also very sorry that you had to get stitches. :(
I will pray for your studying. :)
My families prayer request is that we sell our house and are relocated iterstate very soon. :0
Thanks for asking for prayer requests. :)
Blessings
Autumn.

Unknown said...

Ouch....

Liz B said...

:( I hate stitches too.
Disclaimer: If you are having no trouble seeing updates for my blog, Life of Liz B, you can disregard the following message.

Hello my lovely blogging friends. You've been included in this comment because you follow my blog.

It seems there has been some sort of mix-up with my blog feed. I didn't change the address or anything, but I don't think many of you are getting my post updates in your Blogger Dashboard. I'm sure it is very annoying -- for all of us.

I think I know a solution to the problem. It's kind of annoying though, so please bear with me and I promise that after this point, I will be posting quite frequently.

What you'll need to do to see the updates in your Dashboard is go to the list of blogs you're following. Find my blog, Life of Liz B, and click settings for that. You'll need to manually un-follow my blog. Then, visit my blog at http://lifeoflizb.blogspot.com and you'll need to manually hit "Follow" again, right at the top of the web-page. After that you should start seeing my updates. If you'd like to check, you can go back to your Dashboard, find my blog in the list of blogs you follow, and click that to see if anything shows up. If you get an error message, then that means the problem isn't fixed, but I tried this from a different computer, and it's working fine, now that I re-followed my own blog. I had the same problem of things not showing up before, so I'm glad it's fixed.

If you all would take the time to do this, then I'd really appreciate it. :) I like knowing my readers are able to see the things they wanted to see by following me in the first place.

So, that's all for now! Thanks for taking the time to read this and manually re-follow me, and sorry that it's inconvenient. I don't know why I was having trouble in the first place.

I'll see you all around on the blogging world.


~Liz B
http://lifeoflizb.blogspot.com

Elven Maiden said...

Aw, Blanche Rose that sounds painful...

Praying!